The Vegan of the Year Awards recognise the achievements of talented and dedicated vegans worldwide. A quick online search reveals countless vegans worldwide doing amazing things to help save the lives of innocent animals. We want to recognise these great people for the work they are doing in their area to promote the vegan lifestyle. Vegans deserve worldwide applause, so these awards are our way of saying “you are vegan awesome!” 🙂
Who can enter?
Entry is open to all vegans worldwide and is free of charge. Nominees must have strictly followed the vegan lifestyle for at least one year with the intention of being vegan for life.
The vegan lifestyle encompasses a life completely free of the use of animals and their by-products. Essentially, this means the adherence to a plant-based diet (no animal meat, eggs, dairy or honey etc.), all clothing and personal products worn and used must be vegan and not using animals in any way for entertainment or any other purpose.
From 2013 onwards, nominees for the Outstanding Vegan Business Award must be businesses owned by ethical vegans. i.e. business owners that are vegan because they love and respect animals as a priority and will always keep their business 100 percent vegan, for life.
What’s new this year?
- New categories: Outstanding Vegan Innovator, Outstanding Vegan Volunteer, Outstanding Vegan Social Media Outreach, Outstanding Vegan Food Blogger, Outstanding Vegan Creative and Outstanding Vegan Professional.
- The age for Young Vegan of the Year has changed from under 18 to under 21 years old, giving more young people the chance to be nominated for an Award.
What are the categories for 2014?
1. Vegan of the Year
2. Young Vegan of the Year (under 21 years old)
3. Outstanding Vegan Website
4. Outstanding Animal Rescue/Animal Rights Organisation (must have a vegan and no-kill philosophy)
5. Outstanding Vegan Business
6. Outstanding Vegan Restaurant
7. Outstanding Vegan Athlete
8. Outstanding Vegan Innovator
9. Outstanding Vegan Volunteer
10. Outstanding Vegan Creative (e.g. photographer, musician, designer, author etc..)
11. Outstanding Vegan Media Outlet (e.g. vegan magazine, vegan TV, vegan radio etc..)
12. Outstanding Vegan Food Blogger
13. Outstanding Vegan Social Media Outreach
14. Outstanding Vegan Professional (e.g. naturopath, medical doctor, journalist, dietician, lawyer etc..)
We want your nominations!
To maximise nominations this year, we are making the process less formal and a lot easier. You can nominate by writing the name of the person, business or organisation in a comment under the blog post or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The more information you include about the nominee, the better, but if you only have limited information about them, that’s fine too.
If you know someone who you feel deserves an Award but doesn’t fit into the above categories, please nominate them anyway and let us know why they deserve an Award. If they are that vegan awesome, we may invent a category just for them!
Nominations close: October 22, 2014
Winners announced: November 1, 2014
What do the winners receive?
All winners receive a certificate and a web badge/logo, that they are free to use in anyway they choose. Many past winners use the certificate and winner’s badge on their websites, in their shop windows and on social media. Many past winners use their Award status to get media articles written about them. It is a great opportunity to raise your profile among the vegan and non-vegan community.
The winner of the Outstanding Animal Rescue/Animal Rights Organisation Award will receive 100% of the proceeds of all fundraising we do over the next 12 months.
Please share this post with the worldwide vegan community on your blogs, podcasts, Facebook pages, Twitter and any other way you can think of! Cheers and good luck to all nominees!
The Vegan of the Year Awards 2014 is proudly sponsored by Planet Vegan: an ethical, organic vegan clothing and accessories range, launching soon!